Don’t be afraid to ask these critical questions when choosing an Implant Dentist. The answers you receive will help you make objective comparisons, and ultimately receive the care that’s best for you.
1) Has the dentist placed thousands of dental implants with the highest success rate possible?
Dr. Tischler has placed and restored thousands of dental implants and used the same implant system, BioHorizons for the past 15 years with a success rate of over 98%. The benefits of using the same implant system consistently are numerous. In 2017 Dr. Tischler presented an unprecedented 5-year Study of 153 patients receiving 219 Prettau® Zirconia Full Arch Bridges with 100% success rate.
2) Is the dentist an internationally recognized lecturer and author on dental implants and bone grafting?
Dr. Tischler has lectured for the past 15 years in the US and Canada and has authored over 40 articles on dental implants and bone grafting. He is also the Implant Editor for “Dentistry Today” (The Nation’s Leading Clinical News Magazine For Dentists) and has been on the cover of this journal more than a dozen times.
3) Does the dentist utilize an in-office CT Scan machine for ALL implant cases?
Dr. Tischler has one of the only low radiation in-office CT Scan machines in the Hudson Valley, and every implant case is planned with a CT for safety and precision. Dr. Tischler also lectures and publishes on CT Scans for dental implants.
4) Does the office have a dedicated surgical suite for placing dental implants?
Tischler & Patch Dental has 2 surgical suites set up for implant surgery procedures. Every surgery is performed with a customized sterile setup, that Dr. Tischler had designed specifically for him. The award-winning Tischler & Patch Dental facility is recognized as one of the preeminent offices in the country and is one of only 8 “Leading Dental Centers Of The World” located in the United States.
5) Is the dentist board-certified by the American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry?
Dr. Tischler is one of only 600 dentists worldwide that has Diplomate status in the ABOI. This is recognized as the highest credentials available in the field. Dr. Tischler is also a Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists and has Fellowships in other implant organizations. He is also a Fellow and Graduate of the prestigious Misch International Implant Institute.
6) Does the dental practice both place AND restore dental implants?
Dr. Tischler and Dr. Patch take full responsibility for the success of the implant process. The surgical placement and restoration of your implant case is done entirely at our Woodstock, NY facility. No running around to different dentists.
7) Is the dentist certified by NYS to offer conscious sedation, sleep dentistry, and deep sedation?
Dr. Tischler is certified by NYS for both oral and IV sedation and has an on-staff team of Board Certified Anesthesiologists for deep sedation. He is also certified in Advanced Cardiac Life support and BLS for the utmost in safety.
8) Does the dentist offer the Teeth Tomorrow® Prettau® Zirconia Implant Bridge?
Tischler & Patch Dental is the Founding Member Practice of the Teeth Tomorrow® Network of Advanced Implant Dentists. Tischler Dental Lab is the leading producer of the Prettau® Zirconia Full Arch Bridge in the United States and provides this permanent solution to the growing number of Teeth Tomorrow® Member Practices across the country. This is the future of tooth replacement. There is no acrylic on the bridge as with every other product offering from other implant centers.
9) Does the dentist (or implant center) place 6 implants on the upper jaw and 5 implants on the lower jaw for full-arch procedures?
Most implant centers place only 4 implants in each arch. When 6 implants are used on the upper jaw and 5 on the lower jaw, more support is provided to the final implant bridge and bone grafting can often be avoided. This is what we do at Tischler & Patch Dental for the same cost as using 4 implants. We can even do this next day with our exclusive Teeth Tomorrow® Hudson Valley procedure.