About Tischler & Patch Dental
The guiding philosophy of our practice can perhaps best be summed up by our statement of mission:
Tischler & Patch Dental is committed to providing the highest quality surgical, cosmetic, restorative and prosthetic components of dental care available. This is performed by doctors and staff that are highly credentialed and leaders in the field of dentistry. As a teaching facility to our peers, the products and techniques we utilize are constantly held up to the highest standards with leading techniques and products utilized on a daily basis. Our staff and facility combine to offer the safest, most compassionate environment possible to deliver ideal dental health to our patients and their families.
We believe our practice is suited to meet your dental needs in at least three important ways:
First, we are a Comprehensive care dental practice. Our procedures and treatments are tailored to match the specific concerns of each and every member of your family from the perspective your entire mouth being healthy. Our philosophy is based on the concept of providing our patients with "A comprehensive plan for ideal dental health."
This treatment philosophy lets us look at your long term dental picture, creating a plan that will allow for your mouth to be its healthiest now, and in the future. The constituents of a comprehensive plan for ideal dental health consist of 5 basic things.
1) The foundation of any dental care is to have healthy gums. The first thing we focus on at Tischler & Patch Dental is to make sure every one of our patients has healthy gums. This is done through measuring with a periodontal probe. Without a healthy foundation any other dental care cannot be performed. The published data in the literature also relates gum disease to a person's over-all health including heart disease, and many other problems. In our practice patients are seen twice a year for dental cleanings with our hygienists. The connection between your over-all health and its relationship to healthy gums is given top priority in our treatment sequence.
2) Monitoring your dental health periodically through yearly digital dental x-rays and twice yearly dental examinations, and treatment of your gums and teeth. This philosophy of diligent prevention minimizes the risk of rapid advancement of infection and disease of the gums, bone, and teeth.
3) Replacing and restoring missing teeth and or fillings in a way that will enhance comfort, function, and appearance. Only biocompatible materials are used. Mercury fillings are not utilized in our practice.
4) Re-treating areas that may require revisions due to changes in your overall health, accidents, infection, loss of bone, or breakage of materials.
5) Performing dental treatment through the dentist that has specific training and focus in a certain area of dentistry. In this way, you receive care from a dentist best suited to meet your needs. Sometimes this philosophy entails utilizing a referral to a dental specialist such as a pediatric dentist, endodontist, or oral surgeon. Each specialist utilized by our patients for treatment is a reflection on us, therefore is selected with the utmost consideration.
This comprehensive plan for ideal dental health blends the art and science of dentistry with everyday realities of your lifestyle, personal attitudes about health, and your budget.
Second, we are equipped with the latest in dental equipment and technologies including digital x-rays, lasers, intra oral Cameras, and computer cosmetic imaging. Placement and restoration of dental implants, periodontal surgery, and intravenous conscious sedation are done in our office by Dr. Michael Tischler.
Finally, in addition to traditional and advanced dental techniques, we also offer holistic treatment methods such as acupuncture, biocompatible dental materials and homeopathy.
It is this focus on "the whole person" while employing leading technologies that afford quicker, more accurate diagnoses and safer, more effective treatment that allows us to offer you the very best in dental care.