Ideal Tooth Replacement
Types of Dental Implants – New York
The implant surgeon, restorative dentist and laboratory in one location- Tischler Dental Woodstock
Living your life with missing teeth is like trying to win a game of chess without all the pieces. If your incomplete smile, missing teeth, or failing teeth are keeping you from living your life fully then dental implants are the answer., Dr. Michael Tischler can educate you about the aesthetic and oral health benefits of dental implants. At Tischler Dental, our team of world-renowned experts will show you how unrivaled skill, the most modern technology, and high quality patient care can transform a routine trip to the dentist into a 6-star experience. The various types of dental implants we provide at our New York facility are designed to maximize your smile's potential in both health and appearance and are customized to fit your individual needs. Contact Tischler Dental today to schedule a consultation.
The Prettau® Implant Bridge is one of the most revolutionary treatments offered at Tischler Dental. Our facility is one of only a few in the world to fabricate the bridge in our own laboratory and to masterfully design and place it using CAD CAM technology. These 100% biocompatible Zirconia restorations are digitally mastered to look, feel, and function naturally in your mouth. With impeccable resistance to chipping and staining, this metal-free option holds the spot as the most effective way to replace your missing teeth. When you look at all the alternative options to replace teeth with dental implants, Prettau is the best answer on many levels.
Made from the same revolutionary material as the Prettau® Implant Bridge, Prettau Anterior® restorations are uniquely suited for the front of the mouth. Crowns and bridges made from zirconia possess many of the same qualities as your natural teeth, and are virtually indistinguishable within your smile. If you are in need of restorative work in the anterior region of your mouth, this material represents the finest option.
Traditional dental implants are made of titanium and have a diameter of approximately 4 mm. Because they have a track record of several decades of success, traditional implants are considered to be the “gold standard” of dental implants. When implants were first developed, they were all made from titanium and were all essentially the same size. Newer developments have expanded dental implant technology so that more patients can take advantage of their benefits. However, traditional implants remain an excellent choice for a large number of patients.
Designed to support both removable and fixed restorations, mini dental implants have a smaller diameter and length than traditional implants. As a result, the placement process is less invasive and there is usually a shorter recovery time. Mini dental implants can be selected for a more affordable tooth-replacement option, and are often used for older patients or those who have a limiting medical condition. Because of their reduced size, these implants connect to the jawbone with less surface area, making treatment planning with an expert like Dr. Tischler essential to success. In some cases, we may suggest you consider the Prettau® implant system to increase the durability and function of your smile.
Put the days of messy adhesives, ill-fitting dentures, and discomfort behind you. With implant-supported dentures you can enjoy the benefits of a complete and beautiful smile without the hassle of a removable appliance. Supported by just a few strong titanium dental implants, dentures can provide the same function and aesthetic appeal as a natural smile. Replacing your teeth with implant-supported dentures can preserve your bone structure and soft-tissue to keep your mouth and face looking young and healthy.
For over ten years, Dr. Tischler has chosen to use BioHorizons® dental implants to replace patients' missing teeth. When it comes to finding the longest lasting, strongest, most natural-looking and fully functioning tooth replacement available, BioHorizons® dental implants are second to none. After so many years of perfecting the implantation procedure, Dr. Tischler has the knowledge and experience to stand behind the quality of these restorations so you can rest assured that you'll have nothing but the best.
Z Systems® zirconia dental implants
One of the newest advances in dental implantology is the all-ceramic Z System ® implant. Designed to promote bone growth and cater to patients with allergies or complications with metal implants, z-systems implants are revolutionary. Made with the highest quality Zirconia material, we provide this type of dental implant at our New York facility to improve the osseointegration process (the fusing of the implant to the jawbone) and reduce the risk for allergic reaction in particularly sensitive patients.
Learn More about Types of Dental Implants
At Tischler Dental, we pride ourselves in our ability to provide exceptional, patient-specific treatment. In offering many types of dental implants to our New York patients, we hope to give everyone who struggles with a damaged smile a chance to dramatically improve their oral health, rejuvenate their appearance, and boost their confidence. Please don't hesitate to contact Tischler Dental today to schedule a consultation and see how our services can help.
Questions to ask when choosing an implant dentist:
1. Has the dentist placed thousands of dental implants with the highest success rate possible? Dr. Tischler has placed and restored thousands of dental implants and used the same implant system, Biohorizons for the past 15 years with a success rate of around 98%. The benefits of using the same implant system consistently are numerous.
2. Is the dentist an Internationally recognized lecturer and author on dental implants and bone grafting? Dr. Tischler has lectured for the past 15 years in the US and Canada and has authored over 25 articles on dental implants and bone grafting. He has been put on the cover of Dentistry Today " The Nations Leading Clinical News Magazine For dentists" more than 12 times.
3. Does the dentist utilize an in-office CT Scan machine for ALL implant cases? Dr. Tischler has one of the only low radiation in-office CT Scan machines in the Hudson Valley, and every implant case is planned with a CT for safety and precision. Dr. Tischler lectures and publishes on CT Scans for dental implants.
4. Does the office have a dedicated surgical suite for placing dental implants? Tischler Dental has 2 surgical suites set up for implant surgery procedures. Every surgery is performed with a customized sterile set up, that Dr. Tischler had designed specifically for him. The award winning Tischler Dental facility is recognized as one of the pre eminent offices in the US.
5. Is the dentist a Diplomate in the American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry? Dr. Tischler is one of only 400 dentists worldwide that has Diplomate status in the ABOI. This is recognized by many as the highest credentials available in the field. Dr. Tischler is also a Diplomate and has Fellowships in other organizations as well as being a Fellow and Graduate of the Misch International Implant Institute.
6. Does the dentist place AND restore dental implants? Dr. Tischler takes full responsibility for the implant process. The surgical placement and restoration of your implant case is done entirely at our Woodstock NY facility.
7. Is the dentist certified by NYS to offer conscious sedation, sleep dentistry? Dr. Tischler is certified by NYS for both oral and IV sedation. Dr. Tischler is also certified in Advanced Cardiac Life support and BLS for the utmost in safety.
8. Does your dentist offer a metal free Zirconia Dental Implant for people that have concerns about metal in their body? Dr Tischler places the Z-Systems® zirconia implant
9. Does your dentist offer the Prettau Zirconia Implant Bridge? Tischler Dental is one of the only dental offices in the US to offer both the fabrication of the Prettau Zirconia bridge in their own dental lab as well as delivery as a dental practice. This is the future of tooth replacement.
Dr. Michael Tischler is one of only 400 dentists worldwide that have Diplomat status with the American Board Of Oral Implantology Implant Dentistry. He lectures internationally and has published over 25 articles on implant dentistry and bone grafting in major dental journals. His best selling DVD is purchased by dentists from all over the world so they can learn the techniques of implant dentistry and bone grafting.Dr. Tischler's "for dentist" website is an example of his commitment to educating his colleagues about implant dentistry.